Requirements and Conditions of Grant
Gib Olinger Elementary School
- The building will be a K-3 Elementary School
- It will be approximately 75,000 square feet
- It will be located on the lot owned by the school district commonly referred to as the “cannery lot”
- It will be completely new construction
- The old warehouse will be demolished
- We will attempt to use the site well for geothermal efficiencies
- The building will have photo-voltaic panels on the roof
- Any other energy efficiency situations will be considered
- The building will have a full sized wood floor gymnasium with sparse seating and locker rooms (Gym may be used for middle school or high school junior varsity teams)
- Outdoor space will contain ball and play fields, restrooms and concession building
- The building will be named after Gib Olinger a former civic stalwart of the Milton-Freewater community
- The school district will vacate the campuses of Freewater and Grove
Grove Sports Complex
We will develop a Sports Complex on the site at Grove (named Grove Sports Complex)
Current plans include:
- 2 Regulation soccer fields
- Measured walking/jogging path
- Seating, concessions, restrooms
The bus yard and maintenance office will be moved off its current site at the high school at a site to be determined.
Ferndale will become a grade 4-5 facility
There is approximately $200,000 in the budget for technology upgrades and repairs to the building at Ferndale.
There is approximately $1,000,000 dedicated to HVAC upgrades to the Mac-Hi facility.