Board Goals for 2011-12
- SUPERINTENDENT EVALUATION
Develop evaluation process that provides opportunity for all parties to participate.
- Establish working agreement.
- Complete mid-year evaluation with input from staff and community.
- Finalize evaluation with recommendation to extend the contract or go out for a search.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS
Provide opportunity for activities that support positive public relationships.
- Conduct public workshop to share and gather input from the public.
- Establish communications with the City to review existing or potential collaborative efforts.
- Conduct community surveys to gather input from the public.
- STAFF RELATIONS
Provide opportunity for activities that support positive staff relationships.
- Actively pursue staff involvement in superintendent evaluation.
- Conduct quarterly Board member visitations to district buildings for the purpose of listening.
- Each Board member will dedicate a minimum of one day to visiting classrooms during the instructional period.
Research and identify potential cost saving recommendations.
- Search for creative funding opportunities to cover the cost of educational needs and maintenance projects. b. Research levy/bond measure as a budget supplement option.
Review existing staff evaluation processes.
- Review the tools used in evaluating staff and initiate change, if necessary.
- Conduct a Board self-evaluation.
Review safety procedures and develop related plan for improvement.
- Review and develop ongoing district safety procedures.
- Review playground and bus delivery safety at each building site.
- Conduct a district-wide crisis management drill.
- Identify locations on our campuses students/staff consider unsafe.
Insure district facilities look their best.
- Identify maintenance projects on district properties.
- Clean up and maintain school grounds.
- Find creative way to involve community in the process of improving district facilities.
- Target to work with the community to make the 9th Street property more appealing.
- BOARD GOALS
- Quarterly review and evaluate progress in meeting the 2011-2012 Board Goals.